[cgl_discussion] goodbye

Rod Van Meter rdv at adsl-63-199-185-122.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net
Thu Apr 17 15:27:18 PDT 2003

Well, you all know Nokia is laying off a few people.  I am one of
them.  So, I won't be seeing you in Helsinki, and effective
immediately, there is an opening for a PoC subgroup chairman.

This wasn't totally unexpected, and I don't think it reflects
on the overall Nokia position on Linux or open source, it's just a
fact of the times and other circumstances.

For the next few months, this email address should work; after that,
I'm not certain.  rdv at alumni.caltech.edu is my permanent address.  For
the time being, +1-650-714-9286 is still my cell phone number.  Feel
free to call.

It's been fun working with you guys, learning about Linux and the open
source community.  You know I believe strongly in both.  Good luck,
and see you around,

		--Rod