[cgl_discussion] Bloody spam

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Fri Aug 8 08:07:25 PDT 2003

Well, just to recap some history, the reason why you get
spam on this email list is that I got complaints from people
about that they had to subscribe to post here (and some people
thought they are already subscribed to too many mailing lists).

The downside of that of course is that it opened the door for
spammers. We do (AFAIK) have some spam filters in place, but
obviously not good enough. So I have raised this issue with
OSDL ops, but before they get around to actually do something
about, I am going to now turn on the subscriber only posting
bit to stop spam.

Sorry for inconvience.

--MiKu