[cgl_discussion] Bloody spam

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Fri Aug 8 08:25:03 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-08 at 04:11, spender at grsecurity.net wrote:
(...)
> As an alternative, some lists allow moderated posting from
> non-subscribers.  The bad part is the moderator still gets spammed, but
> the good part is no one else does.

Actually that is how all CGL mailing list are setup by default (i.e. cgl_specs
and cgl_tech_board also).

But those same people took offense on that too, i.e. getting email back from
the list saying that their posting is held for my approval. <sigh>

Anyway, that is now again the situation, and I get to spend 5 minutes each
morning weaning spam out of them, what a fun :(