[cgl_discussion] new requirement about ARP cache updating on client machine based on Linux

Cress, Andrew R andrew.r.cress at intel.com
Tue Aug 12 06:02:30 PDT 2003

I agree, it would be more robust if the kernel sent a gratuitous ARP on
a change from ifconfig.  Having the middleware do this also works, but
timing is important here, so it is better if Linux does it.  I haven't
tried this on any 2.6 kernels yet, so I can't comment on whether this
has changed.

Andy