[cgl_discussion] libevent & epoll

Eric.Chacron at alcatel.fr Eric.Chacron at alcatel.fr
Thu Aug 14 04:52:42 PDT 2003

>I think that I mentioned it several months ago.
>My faint recollection of it is that the AEM people said that it's not
>sufficient, maybe doesn't do task switching fast enough.

Is there any benchmark to compare AEM, libevent , POSIX AIO, SIGIO, select
/poll  () ...
for asynchronous events handling ? Then we 'll have a beter understanding
on the added value of each one ...

"Randy.Dunlap" <rddunlap at osdl.org>@lists.osdl.org on 08/14/2003 05:15:55 AM

Sent by:    cgl_discussion-admin at lists.osdl.org

To:    <tabmowzo at us.ibm.com>
cc:    <mika at osdl.org>, <cgl_discussion at osdl.org>
Subject:    Re: [cgl_discussion] libevent & epoll

> Mika Kukkonen wrote:
>>
>> Re: our Ottawa discussion about AEM and a library on top of /dev/epoll
>>
>> I have a faint recollection that somebody months ago mentioned this:
>>         http://monkey.org/~provos/libevent/
>>
>> Does anybody still remember why it was not an alternative to AEM?
>
> Um, because we forgot it existed?  At least, I don't have any memory of
it.

I think that I mentioned it several months ago.
My faint recollection of it is that the AEM people said that it's not
sufficient, maybe doesn't do task switching fast enough.

~Randy