[cgl_discussion] libevent & epoll

Frederic Rossi (LMC) Frederic.Rossi at ericsson.ca
Thu Aug 14 05:59:34 PDT 2003

To compare what?? AEM can be combined with signals, epoll or select.

Each of these mechanisms provides different solutions for different kind of problems. Find
your problem then you will find your solution.

AEM is proposing one solution for Telecom applications running in the
context of a carrier-grade Linux as described in
http://aem.sourceforge.net/reports/AEM_cgl_reqts_draft0.6.pdf

Mika:
At Ottawa (or a few days before) we also said that if your are satisfied
with epoll+lib, then just use it.

Frederic