[cgl_discussion] libevent & epoll

Eric.Chacron at alcatel.fr Eric.Chacron at alcatel.fr
Thu Aug 14 06:21:46 PDT 2003

>To compare what??
Simply compare several sw. architectures based on:
1) user threads using traditional select() / poll() or SIGIO to get async.
events
2) AEM callbacks methods
3) libevent events called in callback.
.

PS: I saw in your presentation on AEM that "
No multithreading; Executes user land call-backs
from kernel space".
"User call-backs are executed by context-switching the current process"
I'm not sure to understand how AEM call back is managed ,
and how many context switch per event.

"Frederic Rossi (LMC)" <Frederic.Rossi at ericsson.ca> on 08/14/2003 02:59:34
PM