[cgl_discussion] ANNOUNCE: OSDL Clusters (foundational components)

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Mon Dec 1 14:17:07 PST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 06:51, Jon Maloy wrote:
(...)
> I have all along claimed they are not, and I think this is well proven
> in my tipc-1.3.03 version at SourceForge (although it is not finished
> yet).

Fixing the code to meet the kernel CodingStyle is just a beginning, not
the whole story.

> A little more humbleness from  Mika from the beginning would have

OK, now this is getting personal. Since the beginning you have clearly
indicated you have no intrest what so ever on the work we have done. Why
the hell we should care about yours, if that is your attitude?

> About overhead/complexity because of portability: I think my version
> is still faster than Mika's and Marks. And a sourcelinecount (try
> sclc) on the two versions says all about complexity.

Heh, that is a good one. I do give you a point on the speed, but that
is simply because we have removed some of the hacks that made the code
unreadable. If in the end they really matter, then we will do the
optimisations, but now we want to actually understand the code.

> Right now, I have the feeling that Mika is running his own race,
> announcing TIPC to LKML under his name (and I guess with the intention
> that he is to be "Maintainer").

That is so bullshit I am not even going to try to correct that.

> This attitude has to change if there is going to be any cooperation at
> all.

Oh jeez, so I am the one with attitude now?

I think with this email you just burned the bridges. There is no way in
hell I am _ever_ going to work with you on any project.