[cgl_discussion] [RFC/PATCH] RT-NPTL-2.0

Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky inaky.perez-gonzalez at intel.com
Fri Dec 5 19:38:55 PST 2003

Hi All

> From: Hu, Boris

> I am pleased to announce rtnptl-2.0 is out.
>
> Rtnpl-2.0 is based on the latest NPTL(Native POSIX Thread Library)
> (http://people.redhat.com/drepper/nptl-design.pdf) and the
> following Realtime features have been added:
>    - Robust Mutex
>    - Priority Inheritance
>    - Priority Protection
>    - Robust Condvar
> * The macro USE_FUSYN_ROBUST_MUTEX is used to enable or disable the RT feathers.
>
> Currently it works on both x86 and ia64.
>
> It is required FUSYN(Fast User SYNChronization) kernel:
> http://developer.osdl.org/dev/robustmutexes/fusyn/.
>
> The installation manual can be found at:
> http://developer.osdl.org/dev/robustmutexes/rtnptl/.

For all of you interested in trying it out without having to go out
there to build glibc, I have put a full i386 binary jailroot of glibc
with rtnptl in

http://developer.osdl.org/deb/robustmutexes/rtnptl/

Just download and untar in /opt [required], and build your programs
by including

/opt/libc-rtnptl-2.0/root/Makefile.inc

in your Makefile [you might need to adjust the compiler used in
the Makefile.inc file; I haven't tried other than gcc-3.3.2. YMMV].

Please let me know of any problems, I'll be more than glad to
help solving them.

Cheers,

Iñaky Pérez-González -- Not speaking for Intel -- all opinions are my own (and my fault)