[cgl_discussion] Re: POSIX requirements question for TEMs/ISVs/OEMs

Howell, David P david.p.howell at intel.com
Tue Feb 11 08:14:46 PST 2003

These are all covered in the basic POSIX threading feature set
specification which I am assuming is already a requirement. There may be
upgrades for 1003.2001, but I think that we are signed up to that
already.

Am I missing something? I know that we have been running the POSIX
threads
tests since CGL began and most of these obejcts (except barriers) were
part of this testing. Might it be right to call out the rev of the
standard that we will conform to, assuming that the thread lock objects
are included?

Doing this piece-meal is also wrong, at least let's call out the threads
component of POSIX which includes these if we are going this way.
Specific feature sets, like real-time extensions to the base, should be
called out
in addition to the base capabilities.

Dave Howell