[cgl_discussion] TIPC

Jon Maloy jon.maloy at ericsson.com
Thu Feb 13 15:20:32 PST 2003

/Jon
Mika Kukkonen wrote:

On to, 2003-02-13 at 11:52, John Cherry wrote:

In addition:

        * code should be put into linux kernel coding style

Sure, reading and conforming to "Documentation/CodingStyle" and

checking code with "scripts/Lindent" should be required steps

to everybody who plans to Open Source existing propietary code.

Remember the code was originally written in C++, and I have partially
kept
that style, simply because I like it. Neither is the "TIPC Core" code
specifically
written for Linux, which is why you will see a difference in coding
style between
that code and the (linux specific) adaptation code.  If changing the
coding style
is an absolute condition for having the code accepted (it is a module,
not kernel
code), sure, I will adapt, but I am not a great fan of the
eigth-space-indentation-
all-lowercase style.

On the other hand, I think there are lot of "coding style" issues

(like use of syscalls, that you really should not muck with scheduler

etc.) that are not covered by those two, and here it would certainly

help if our resident kernel people (hint, hint!) could give some

feedback.

        * would be nice to see known outstanding bugs

>From the top-level README file again:

  "Known bugs/to be fixed:

   None for the time being.

  "

Don't overinterpret this, please :-)

I know reading README-files is considered old-fashioned, but still ...

--MiKu