[cgl_discussion] TIPC

Rod Van Meter Rod.VanMeter at nokia.com
Thu Feb 13 17:18:36 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-13 at 17:10, ext Peter Badovinatz wrote:

> Personally, I don't think this decision belongs with TIPC.  TIPC
> provides messaging and notification, but a layer "above" TIPC should be
> the owner of the policy decisions.  TIPC should just keep providing
> service to the nodes that can be reached.
>
> Note that I'm NOT saying that whatever this policy layer is doing to
> deal with split-brain is simple, far from it, just that TIPC shouldn't
> worry about it.

I agree.

I think the cluster membership mechanism built on top of this would be
an excellent topic for CGL to contribute on.  It seems like the OSS
solutions available for clustering mostly assume static, stable clusters
(if I'm wrong about this, I'd love to know!).

SAF's APIs supposedly cover some of this, but I haven't gotten to go
through them in detail yet.

There's also a Nokia internal thing I'm looking into...

		--Rod