[cgl_discussion] Reposting my query about CGL-LSB compliance

Lynch, Rusty rusty.lynch at intel.com
Fri Feb 14 09:15:30 PST 2003

If a given project breaks LSB compliance (for what ever reason) then it is a
bug for that project.  You would deal with that bug as you would any bug for
that particular project.

Now what might be productive is to cc this mailing list for that bug report.
That would not transfer ownership of the bug, but it would publicize the bug
report to a large collection of people who have a strong interest in having
the bug fixed.

For example if you find that a patch submitted to lkml breaks some aspect of
the CGL requirements (LSB or whatever) then CC this list with the bug report
to LKML/maintainer.   The maintainer of the patch or LKML in general might
not see the bug as a priority, but somebody on this list might feel
motivated to work on a fix.

    --rustyl