[cgl_discussion] IPv6 MIBs/SNMP requirements/support

Venkata Jagana jagana at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 14 09:19:14 PST 2003

Randy,

| We need help from the members to validate/develop the required
| MIB functionality for IPv6.

>I'm interested into jumping into this on the kernel MIB development
>side.  I'll look over the RFCs.

Great, I would really appreciate if you can jump on this soon. -:)

>Is anyone else doing this?

No, None (so far, not USAGI folks and not mainline maintainers) that I am
aware of. According to our (LTC) current plans, we'll address
the MIB support only in later half of this year as we are addressing
other IPv6 features both within and outside of the kernel.

Thanks,
Venkat

                      "Randy.Dunlap"
                      <rddunlap at osdl.or        To:       Venkata Jagana/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS