[cgl_discussion] Reposting my query about CGL-LSB compliance

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Fri Feb 14 09:27:39 PST 2003

On pe, 2003-02-14 at 09:15, Lynch, Rusty wrote:
(...)
> If a given project breaks LSB compliance (for what ever reason) then it is a
> bug for that project.  You would deal with that bug as you would any bug for
> that particular project.

True, but lets not forget that both LSB and CGL are moving targets, and
some ... friction might happen for a short periods, like did with the
LSB's X-windows requirement, and like I am frankly expecting to happen
with i18n (it makes no sense in CGL space) if it is put into core LSB
instead of continuing to be a module.

So definitely there needs to be two-way flow of comments and feedback
between two groups to ensure that "bugs" are kept on minimum.

--MiKu