[cgl_discussion] RE: [Hardeneddrivers-discuss] about

Patrick Mochel mochel at osdl.org
Fri Feb 14 10:02:54 PST 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 10:04:50AM -0800, Shureih, Tariq wrote:
> > problems/issues.  Further, publish a Drivers HOWTO-Dos and DON'Ts for
> > writing a robust linux kernel device driver based on best coding practices
> > as well as best linux details.
>
> I need to dig up Arjan's presentation on that... someone has already
> written such a doc :)

Actually, that's a great idea, along with Greg KH's talk about Coding
Style:

http://www.kroah.com/linux/talks/ols_2002_kernel_codingstyle_talk/html/
or
http://www.kroah.com/linux/talks/ols_2002_kernel_codingstyle_paper/codingstyle.ps

(Please copy it locally, so as not to use up bandwidth).

Also, Alan Cox gave a talk at linux.conf.au that was great fodder for this
forum. Maybe you could prod him (I have a bit) to post it somewhere, as he
promised..

	-pat