[cgl_discussion] RE: [Hardeneddrivers-discuss] about

Patrick Mochel mochel at osdl.org
Fri Feb 14 10:15:23 PST 2003

> First, It would help if I proof what I write before I send it, where did I
> go to school and learn English at damn it! :)
> (Re-read my email and you'll know what I'm talking about LOL)

Eh, it's a well known fact that Kernal codrs cna't spel. We just skim
emails anyway. ;)

> Thanks for the pointers Pat.

BTW, Arjan's presentation was at OLS last year. You can download the
entire proceedings, with his paper, Greg's paper, and my wimpy paper on
the driver model here:

http://www.linux.org.uk/~ajh/ols2002_proceedings.pdf.gz

The presentations were much more interesting, though you'll have to shop
someplace else for them..

> I heard before that Alan Cox has an opinion or two on this subject and was
> going to ping him and LKML once I have something solid.
>
> I'll subscribe to this list and post to it what I come up with.

Please just use linux-kernel. Not many people subscribe to splinter lists,
and they don't really do a lot of good, unless you have a _really_ big
side project.

The kernel list may be harsh sometimes, but as you maintain as good of an
attitude as you have about this stuff, and have slightly thicker skin than
you're used to, you'll do fine. You have a clear idea of what to do, and
you have people on your side because of that, so don't worry.

	-pat