[Fwd: Re: [cgl_discussion] Reposting my query about CGL-LSB

Lynch, Rusty rusty.lynch at intel.com
Tue Feb 18 08:54:04 PST 2003

> From: Subhabrata Biswas [mailto:subhabrata.biswas at wipro.com]
> > From: Craig Thomas <craiger at osdl.org>

<snip>

> Based on your suggestion that I can try running the LSB test
> suite to verify LSB regressions, is there a place/group where
> these results can be shared? I am not looking at a formal
> announcemnt/proclamation by us of a particular CGL-patched linux
> having passed or failed LSB test suite validation.
> I was wondering if there's a discussion group where these self-
> run test results of ours can be shared to get suggestion and views
> from the open source community.
>
> Ofcourse Rusty has already pointed to the LKML, the concerned
> CGL/kernel patch maintainer and this discussion list as some of
> the 'Interested Parties' for the LSB compliance test of CGL patches,
> specially if non-conformity (which in non-diplomatic terms is called
>  bug) is detected. What happens for result which I feel would be good
> to cross-check and share with the community?

Craig,

I like the idea of having a common location to post results.  If anything it
would make it easier to submit bug reports if a link to the fully gory
details of the test cases were included in the email, and if that URL was an
OSDL URL then I believe this would help build a unified voice behind CGL.

If the test is run via STP, then the tester gets the publicly available
results URL, but does OSDL have a mechanism for uploading results from test
not run in the OSDL lab?

    --rustyl