[cgl_discussion] TIPC on 2.5.62

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Tue Feb 18 15:18:23 PST 2003

I did some low down dirty hacking on tipc-0.92 (still available at
http://tipc.sourceforge.net/tipc-0.92.tar.gz), on a single purpose to
make tipc compile against 2.5 kernels.

I was succesfull (the compressed diff and diffstat are in
http://www.osdl.org/archive/mika/), but:
  a) it is not even a module currently
  b) I just made it to compile; I am sure for example that the
     socket_api.c is badly broken.
  c) I have not even booted this kernel, as like I said, my purpose
     was just to get it to compile.
So you have been warned; try to boot this on your own risk.

I'll be mucking around it some more to remove more of C++-isms out of it
and make other changes so that it could have some chance of even getting
kernel people look into it.

And by the way, I renamed most of non-core files, and run Lindent on all
files, so it does not make much sense to try to back port this to
tipc-0.93.