[cgl_discussion] Security for internal messaging between diff erent nodes of the cl uster?

Makan Pourzandi (LMC) Makan.Pourzandi at ericsson.ca
Wed Feb 19 07:42:36 PST 2003

yes. they can communicate with other nodes inside the cluster.

> 2. Are the intermediate nodes allowed to talk to any node in
> the cluster
>    in full/ half duplex mode?

sorry, I don't see what intermediate nodes are. Are they different from other nodes in the cluster?

> 3. If answer to above two questions is NO, then why non-trusted nodes
>    are part of cluster.
> 4. If answer is yes, Can non-trusted software bring down the service
>    by overloading or corrupting the intermediate nodes?

yes. the concern is that the non-trusted software can bring down the service. but also, that it can be used to sneak on info inside the cluster or even to corrupt client's info (for example to corrupt the billing for a client or else).

makan