[cgl_discussion] IPv6 MIBs/SNMP requirements/support

Zou, Yixiong yixiong.zou at intel.com
Thu Feb 20 11:19:05 PST 2003

On the kernel side, the two ioctl() parameters I know are needed are
'SIOCGIFSTAT_ICMP6', and 'SIOCGIFSTAT_IN6'. If Randy's doing the kernel
implemention, it makes more sense for him to add the ioctl() calls
into the kernel as well.

On the NET-SNMP side, there are still many tables and objects that are
not implemented. As I listed in the previous email:

    IPV6-MIB::ipv6IfTable::ipv6IfReasmMaxSize
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6IfTable::ipv6IfIdentifier
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6IfTable::ipv6IfIdentifierLength
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6IfTable::ipv6IfLastChange
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6AddrPrefixTable
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6AddrTable
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6RouteNumber
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6DiscardedRoutes
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6RouteTable
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6NetToMideaTable
    IPV6-MIB::ipv6Notifications

I will go research on these and see what are needed for those to be done.
There is a possibility that more of those ioctl() calls are needed. But
I don't know yet.