[cgl_discussion] IPv6 MIBs/SNMP requirements/support

Zou, Yixiong yixiong.zou at intel.com
Thu Feb 20 12:11:04 PST 2003

> Hi,
>
> At first glance this (ioctls needed) looked like valuable info.
> However, I don't see Linux supporting _any_ IOCTLs for access to
> network statistics, so we'll need to clear up this point first.
> Did I overlook them somewhere?
> If not, I don't expect to add any ioctl's.
> Some other method of reading the network statistics will be
> needed, such as reading from /proc/net/* or whatever is currently
> done.
>
> --
> ~Randy

I was hoping that kernel would provide the ioctl() calls and we can
just use the current implementation in NET-SNMP. If this is not the
case for linux, then basically we need to implemented the whole ipv6
MIBs set for NET-SNMP. That will be a lot more work. :)

Does the 2.5 kernel also provide things in "tcp6.h" that's in FreeBSD?
If so, what header file is that?

Yixiong Zou (yixiong.zou at intel.com)
(503) 677-4988

All views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender.