[cgl_discussion] IPv6 MIBs/SNMP requirements/support

Venkata Jagana jagana at us.ibm.com
Thu Feb 20 15:17:46 PST 2003

>One more thing, do we need to implement those "set" functions?

>From a MIB definition stand point, it is always 'required'
(unless it says optional) so that it gives the flexibility
to control these parameters from remote mgmt station. However,
in most cases, customers won't implement the set capability
but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be implemented. By default,
the 'set' functionality can be disabled and however, can only be
enabled if desired.

>Most of those defined in IPV6-MIB are not "required" by the MIB.

Don't think so :) Did you see any stmt from the spec that they are not
mandatory.

Thanks,
Venkat

                      "Zou, Yixiong"
                      <yixiong.zou at inte        To:       Venkata Jagana/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS
                      l.com>                   cc:       cgl_discussion at osdl.org, "'Randy.Dunlap'" <rddunlap at osdl.org>
                                               Subject:  RE: [cgl_discussion] IPv6 MIBs/SNMP requirements/support
                      02/20/2003 02:39
                      PM