[cgl_discussion] lkcd : /var/log/dump/? problem.

adarsh daheriya adarsh.daheriya at fci.com
Fri Feb 21 08:08:23 PST 2003

hi all!

I tried to install cglinux (for linux 2.5.52) on my system. The system
boots well.
when i try to press Alt-SysRq-c i get the messages that suggest that
everything
is working fine. But when i reboot and run 'lkcd save' it doesn't create
/var/log/dump/0
directory. if i run 'od -s /dev/hda12' that shows me possible memory image,
that suggest dump was successfull. can anybody please help me with that.

nevertheless lcrash works well without any arguments (ie. on running
kernel).

1. /dev/vmdum points to /dev/hda12 (a seperate partition for dump)
2. /etc/rc.sysconfig is properly modified.
3. /etc/sysconfig/dump is intact.

regards,
-Adarsh.