[cgl_discussion] RE: [OCF]draft 0.8 of the SAF Application Interface specification

Timo.Jokiaho at nokia.com Timo.Jokiaho at nokia.com
Wed Jan 8 07:24:25 PST 2003

Hi,

SA Forum has been working on "fixing" the licensing issue and
I expect it to be solved within a week or so. OSDL already has
a new version of the text for review.

As Lars mentions below, OCF and SAF seem to be, they are, very
similar concerning the technical domain. SAF is OS agnostic, it
is for application portability to some extent, SAF specifies APIs
and it is up to members to create implementations (open source or
commercial products). Even the terminology and the scope and areas
are very close, with the exception that SAF also specifies Hardware
Platform Interface API. But, any way ...

Would be a great opportunity for SAF and OCF folks to meet within
linux world in New York.

Cheers !

  TimoJ, President, SA Forum