[cgl_discussion] Re: Hot Plug support for PICMG2.16

Cress, Andrew R andrew.r.cress at intel.com
Tue Jan 14 11:44:23 PST 2003

Mika,

There is a development effort under way (in SOW stage now) to implement a
library for the SAForum HPI interface on Linux IPMI platforms.  Since the
OpenIPMI driver is already going to be in the Linux 2.5+ kernel, this should
help.  The library will be in user-space.

We anticipate that the licensing issues will be resolved, such that either
the library will be open, or the non-open parts of the library will be
isolated to a shared library.  There can also be other HPI libraries for
other non-IPMI platforms.

Andy