[cgl_discussion] Validation Team Minutes 01/15/2003

Rod Van Meter Rod.VanMeter at nokia.com
Wed Jan 15 14:16:54 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 13:59, ext Lynch, Rusty wrote:

> * IPv6
>   - There appears to large void for truly open,
>     implementation agnostic test cases
>     + we have an opportunity to create a new
>       project that has very similar goals to the
>       Open POSIX Test project, if it is important
>       enough to the working group (i.e. lots of
>       work will need to be done.)

(Sorry I couldn't make it to the meeting, I'm trying to get some stuff
done before I leave early tomorrow.)

http://www.tahi.org/ might disagree with there being a "large void".

They have a publically available (with source code) test suite, with
something like 800 tests in it.  The test kit itself only runs on
FreeBSD w/ KAME, but the device under test can be anything, I think,
including an embedded device.

TAHI is sponsoring a v6 Interoperability Test Event next week in Chiba,
Japan.

They haven't, AFAIK, run this against Linux 2.5, but in March last year
it was run against USAGI.  That's why I suggested that we prod/offer
money to them to do it against 2.5.  I don't know if they will test it
next week or not, nor when the results will be available.

Better yet, if there are resources available and it doesn't happen next
week, get some of our people to run these tests against 2.5.

If you think it's important, some effort could be put into making it
self-hosting on Linux, but I don't think it's a big deal.

		--Rod