[cgl_discussion] Validation Team Minutes 01/15/2003

Rod Van Meter Rod.VanMeter at nokia.com
Wed Jan 15 14:53:36 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 14:33, ext Mika Kukkonen wrote:

> > If you think it's important, some effort could be put into making it
> > self-hosting on Linux, but I don't think it's a big deal.
>
> Actually if we follow the idea that our tests will be contributed to
> LSB after they embrace our feature, then this might actually be a
> thing to consider. First task of course is to find out how big job it
> would be. Rusty, can you locate a volunteer from valid-sg for this?

The tests depend on the BPF (Berkeley Packet Filter) for handling raw
packets coming and going.  It'll mostly be switching that over to an
equivalent mechanism for Linux.  Ideally, it should build using autoconf
or somesuch, too.  On Linux, different distributions handle devices
differently, which might be a headache.

It's about 30K lines of C++ and a few thousand lines of Perl5.  The 8K
lines of test definitions shouldn't have to change.

Updates would probably be pretty well contained.

		--Rod