[cgl_discussion] Validation Team Minutes 01/15/2003

Rod Van Meter Rod.VanMeter at nokia.com
Wed Jan 15 15:08:10 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 14:54, ext Stephanie Glass wrote:
> Ron,
> I have tried to do several things with the TAHI test suite.  It isn't quite
> as open as the site suggests.  Also,
> they are suppose to have a fully LINUX version, not just FreeBSD but it
> doesn't appear on their website.
> I still believe there is a large void.  Every time we made a suggestion on
> doing some work on the test suite
> they said they were doing the same thing already.  But I have looked out on
> their website and none of what
> we wanted to work on is listed.  That to me doesn't make it a very "open"
> project and there are definite
> missing areas of tests.

Okay, that's a bit of history I didn't know.  Doesn't surprise me,
though.

Let's not throw out 30K lines of code just yet.  The license appears to
allow us to modify & redistribute, so at worst we can use it as a basis
and run our own modifications.

What, specifically, do you know is missing?  Do you recall?

Let's talk about this next week.  I'm leaving now, email-available on
Friday, then off to NYC...

		--Rod