[cgl_discussion] [Fwd: Draft meeting minutes]
Rod Van Meter
Rod.VanMeter at nokia.com
Fri Jan 17 09:56:56 PST 2003
OSDL CGL PoC meeting minutes for Jan 17, 2003
Mika Kukkonen (OSDL)
Randy Dunlap (OSDL)
Andy Pfiffer (OSDL)
Rod Van Meter (Nokia)
Khalid Aziz (HP)
- Mika mentioned that SuSE has announced support for CGL.They want some
help from OSDL with IPv6. They are asking for general help and help
with IPv6 test suite. Mika suggested that w start an open source IPv6
test suite project. Venkat mentioned that TAHI IPv6 test suite is now
available for Linux. Venkat will send a URL to the test suite to the
mailing list. Question came up if TAHI is willing to accept tests from
others and maintain them. Venkat believes TAHI people are sufficiently
responsive and we can use their test suite.
Venkat will respond to SuSE about their needs on IPv6. Mika believes
IPv6 is fairly important for CGL 1.1 and we should do something in
this space. General consensus was it is failry difficult at this point
to add any new IPv6 related code to 2.4 or 2.5 kernel. Any opportunity
remaining is fading fast. As for Mobile IPv6, USAGI folks currently
place higher priority on IPSECv6 than Mobile IPv6. All discussions
regarding MIPv6 in USAGI are happening on net-dev mailing list.
- Resource monitor status: every one has AR to review PCP. We need to
come to an agreement on whether PCP is sufficient to fulfill the
requirement or not.
- Rod is reviewing the feature sets:
- POSIX conformance features are in good shape except for POSIX
message queues. Stataus is unknown for thsi project.
- Nobody is working on MIBs for IPv6.
- There is no work on Software live upgrade. SystemImager
project may or may not be appropriate to fill this need.
- We need more clarification on the application heartbeat
monitor feature and what are telcos expecting from it.
- There are no volunteers to take lead for the projects that are
languishing. Rod will try to identify an owner for each such project.
More information about the cgl_discussion