[cgl_discussion] [Fwd: Draft meeting minutes]

Peter Badovinatz tabmowzo at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 17 13:51:01 PST 2003

Rod Van Meter wrote:

> (From Khalid)
>
> OSDL CGL PoC meeting minutes for Jan 17, 2003

<snip>

> - Resource monitor status: every one has AR to review PCP. We need to
>   come to an agreement on whether PCP is sufficient to fulfill the
>   requirement or not.

I posted my opinion, I think it's a much better choice than what we had,
and best that is currently available at least that I've heard of.

> - Rod is reviewing the feature sets:
>
>         - POSIX conformance features are in good shape except for POSIX
>           message queues. Stataus is unknown for thsi project.
>
>         - Nobody is working on MIBs for IPv6.
>
>         - There is no work on Software live upgrade. SystemImager
>           project may or may not be appropriate to fill this need.

I have been in touch with Michael Chase-Salerno and Sean Dague of IBM
who are maintainers of parts of the overall System Installation Suite
(of which SystemImager is a key piece).  They are very interested in
supporting Carrier installation, and putting in plans to provide
whitepapers on install (as an interim step to handling reliable
upgrade/rollback) and code to move system install forward.

This item was something that we need to discuss a bit in NYC, I don't
expect us to be in a position to get all of the info we want/need, but
my time has not been mine to prepare this more properly.  In any case,
SIS and its components is not yet fully ready to handle the requirements
as previously discussed, but it appears to be a good start.

>         - We need more clarification on the application heartbeat
>           monitor feature and what are telcos expecting from it.
>
> - There are no volunteers to take lead for the projects that are
>   languishing. Rod will try to identify an owner for each such project.

Peter
--
Peter R. Badovinatz aka 'Wombat' -- IBM Linux Technology Center
preferred: tabmowzo at us.ibm.com / alternate: wombat at us.ibm.com
These are my opinions and absolutely not official opinions of IBM, Corp.