[cgl_discussion] [Fwd: Draft meeting minutes]

Cress, Andrew R andrew.r.cress at intel.com
Mon Jan 20 06:45:46 PST 2003

comments below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Badovinatz [mailto:tabmowzo at us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, January 17, 2003 4:51 PM
To: Rod.VanMeter at nokia.com
Cc: cgl_discussion at osdl.org
Subject: Re: [cgl_discussion] [Fwd: Draft meeting minutes]

Rod Van Meter wrote:
> (From Khalid)
> OSDL CGL PoC meeting minutes for Jan 17, 2003
<snip>

> - Resource monitor status: every one has AR to review PCP. We need to
>   come to an agreement on whether PCP is sufficient to fulfill the
>   requirement or not.

I posted my opinion, I think it's a much better choice than what we had,
and best that is currently available at least that I've heard of.

This is also the opinion of the Resource Monitor development team (Todd
Davis is lead), which is why
all new development for the RM project has moved to the PCP code base.  The
main technical issue that Todd is worried about is a GUI, since the GUI that
was built for PCP is proprietary, and our open RMView app would be a
difficult port.  He is looking at a new GUI implementation for PCP.

Andy