[cgl_discussion] [Fwd: Draft meeting minutes]

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Mon Jan 27 09:09:31 PST 2003

On ma, 2003-01-20 at 08:00, Randy.Dunlap wrote:
(...)
> Yes, there were a handful of opinions posted.  The real issue IMO
> (that didn't show up in the minutes) is that Mika wants feedback from
> the TEMs and we haven't heard from them on this issue, so Mika will try
> to raise it in NYC this week.

I raised this at NY F2F, and while I have not seen minutes yet, I think
the TEM's got an AR on this. Anyway, my issue with this is that I have
a nagging fear that this whole feature may be "above the value line",
which means that the companies will use propietary solutions instead
of Open Source ones, which makes it pointless for us to advocate
inclusion of PCP to the distros (I was told that SuSE includes PCP
already, but we need two for our "mainline" acceptance).