[cgl_discussion] Question for TEMs/ISVs/OEMs regarding pthrea d requirements

Perez-Gonzalez, Inaky inaky.perez-gonzalez at intel.com
Thu Jan 30 16:18:04 PST 2003

> scheduler activations.  It's fairly complicated to implement
> correctly
> :-).  And it fundamentally affects a lot of things, so you can't just
> tack it on to an existing threads package.

With futexes is kind of possible to do it [I mean kind because the hard part
is: how to identify the first locker, the one who did not go to the kernel?
- the rest, save some small details, is not as ugly].

Let's say I am trapped on different sides, because I need to have the user
level impacted as little as possible, better nothing [if I don't want
NTPLers and NGPTers to hit the roof] ...

Inaky Perez-Gonzalez -- Not speaking for Intel - opinions are my own [or my
fault]