[cgl_discussion] RE: panic handler enh in tracking list (was RE: [cgl_discussion] Revised "Top 10" projects list)

Cress, Andrew R andrew.r.cress at intel.com
Wed Jul 2 06:22:36 PDT 2003

Julie wrote:
>>This also
>> affects column F on line 35.  "full" -> "most/part".
>
>I changed this too.  Is that for panic handler enhancements or IPMI?  Maybe
I should add a separate line >for IPMI....  Does panicsel implement the full
requirement?

Julie,
Yes, panicsel implements the full requirement, line 35 points to the Linux
kernel 2.5 (implying OpenIPMI).

[comments from Steven Dake below]

Steve,

Good point.  It does need to be merged with the OpenIPMI panic stub.  I did
already make an attempt to add that code so that I could send the patch to
Corey, but his current implementation of the panic logic only allows one
IPMI command to be executed in the 'do-it-now' mode, and I need to do two or
three commands to implement everything.  I do have a patch that applies on
top of the OpenIPMI driver that implements everything, but right now it
doesn't use his existing functions for the 'do-it-now' commands at panic
time.
The current panicsel patch to OpenIPMI is at
http://panicsel.sourceforge.net/kern.htm under the 2.5 kernel columns.

In any case, the right answer is to solve these issues and merge the code
into the OpenIPMI driver.  I'll take that action.

Andy