[cgl_discussion] linux-ha as a PoC for CCM.1 Cluster Communication Service

Fleischer, Julie N julie.n.fleischer at intel.com
Tue Jul 8 08:53:43 PDT 2003

> Hi Julie,
>
> Given most of the features to NO, I don't think linux-ha is
> still suitable
> to be a PoC for the current requirement. Is it possible to
> change the CGL
> cluster communication requirement to be more generic? I mean we don't
> define approach details in the spec. For example, we just say
> CGL shall
> provide a point-to-point and multipoint communication service
> but don't
> specify it must use a socket-based interface; we can say CGL
> shall provide
> a reliable communication service that detects communication
> failures but
> don't specify the communication mode must be connection or
> connectionless.
>
> Thanks,
> -yi

I'll make a note to bring this up at the POC meeting.  As far as the CGL Spec or POC tracking list, my understanding is that it's okay to leave projects, such as Linux-HA, that don't implement the full requirement as references.  In the POC tracking list, the "gap analysis" column is used to define which projects will/won't implement the full requirement.

I'll bring up what you suggest:  "Do we have a viable option in the CGL 2.0 timeframe for the requirement as it is worded?  What about if the requirement were more generic?"

- Julie
**These views are not necessarily those of my employer.**