[cgl_discussion] Re: Ottawa Map

Peter Badovinatz tabmowzo at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 16 10:53:35 PDT 2003

Deepak Saxena wrote:

> Tnx.  From my experiences at OLS the two times I went, the best thing
> to do is to just wander around. The conference center is attached to a
> giant mall, and just a couple of blocks from the center is a huge
> pedestrian-only area with lots of restaurants, coffee shops, bars, etc.
> Also, our rooms have kitchens, so last year we just walked down to the
> local grocer and picked up breakfast foods and snacks to save on the $$.

The Rideau Centre mall has the usual gamut of "mall" food ;)

The Byward Market area is the pedestrian area, if you're looking for
food of about any sort of national heritage, it's in there somewhere!
And lots and lots of sidewalk cafes in the summertime.

> ~Deepak
>
> On Jul 16 2003, at 10:38, Steven Dake was caught saying:
> > Folks,
> >
> > My girlfriend made a map of Ottawa restuarants and other topics of
> > interest and I thought all of you may like to use it as a reference.
> > For the OSDL folks, the cisco buidling is also marked.
> >
> > Thanks
> > -steve
>
> --
> Deepak Saxena
> MontaVista Software - Powering the Embedded Revolution - www.mvista.com

Peter
--
Peter R. Badovinatz aka 'Wombat' -- IBM Linux Technology Center
preferred: tabmowzo at us.ibm.com / alternate: wombat at us.ibm.com
These are my opinions and absolutely not official opinions of IBM, Corp.