[cgl_discussion] POC 6/5 Meeting Minutes

Venkata Jagana jagana at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 6 09:36:28 PDT 2003

>> 2.7 wishlist ARs
>> ----------------
>> AR Steve to provide text for multipath IO.

>Mike Anderson and Pat Mansfield have been working on multipath I/O at
>the mid-layer SCSI level.  They should be included in this gap analysis.

Yes, it would be get to get their perspective. During my discussions
with Pat, he points that certain components relevant to MPIO have been
accepted
into 2.5.x but additional components need to be addressed as part of 2.7 to
get
the full potential of MPIO.

Thanks,
Venkat

                      John Cherry
                      <cherry at osdl.org>               To:       Steven Dake <sdake at mvista.com>
                      Sent by:                        cc:       cgl_discussion at osdl.org
                      cgl_discussion-admin at lis        Subject:  Re: [cgl_discussion] POC 6/5 Meeting Minutes
                      ts.osdl.org

                      06/05/2003 02:48 PM

Steve,

Sorry I missed the meeting this morning.  I just have a couple comments
on the ARs.

On Thu, 2003-06-05 at 10:02, Steven Dake wrote:

> AR Julie to do gap analysis on Security for priority 1 requirements.
> AR Rusty to add Gap analysis field to priority 1 requirements document.

If there are appropriate references that come out of the gap analysis,
they can be added to the requiremnts document, but I don't think the
requirements document is the place for gap analysis information.  This
should be tracked in the PoC (perhaps with the PoC list).

> 2.7 wishlist ARs
> ----------------
> AR Steve to provide text for multipath IO.

Mike Anderson and Pat Mansfield have been working on multipath I/O at
the mid-layer SCSI level.  They should be included in this gap analysis.

> AR Mika to provide text for Application restart text.

Peter just added/revised text for this in the requirements document.  He
is limiting the discussion to passive detection.

> AR Steve to provide forced unmount text.

Is MV going to put their forced unmount code in open source?  A fellow
at Veritas (tigran) has a patch for 2.4.18 and possibly 2.5 as well.

> AR Mika to bring up application preloading kernel changes to specs
subgroup.

Changes??

> AR Mika to bring up page flushing to specs subgroup.

Currently P3.

> AR Mika to bring up network dump to specs group.

Current candidates are:
   - LKCD (no chance of mainline acceptance)
   - RedHat's netdump (have not seen anything in open source)
   - Create a project around the new power management and suspend code
     in the kernel.  Pat Mochel is trying to get the suspend code
     stable.

John