[cgl_discussion] CGL Project List, with links

Mika Kukkonen mika at osdl.org
Wed Jun 11 11:24:45 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 08:02, Cress, Andrew R wrote:
> Mika,
>
> I think perhaps it is time to move forward with the compilation of links for
> existing CGL 1.x projects as well as future (CGL 2.x) projects.
> Attached is the list I have to date.  We may want some additional merging
> with more CGL 2.0 projects, or we may want to wait for that until the CGL
> 2.0 spec is finalized.
> Next steps?

First, there is some internal developments ongoing here at OSDL about the web
pages; I'll need to wait them to be resolved before I know where & how this
vitally important information is going to be presented.

Secondly, I only want a _one_ list. Two just gets people confused. So if you
and Julie could merge your respective lists I would be happy.

One way to look at this is that on the far left side we have the requirement
from the specs, and on the rightmost side we should have a date and place
when & where (i.e. the kernel or 2+ distros) it was mainlined. And between
those two ends is the place where PoC work takes place. Naturally most of
our requirements are not mainlined, so there is going to be lot of empty
spaces on right side, and that is as it is supposed to be.

Steven, could I suggest to you that these two very valuable inputs and what
to do with them in PoC-sg is your main topic for tomorrows con call? We need
to do some brainstorming. I'll be there as soon as I can disentangle myself
from the steering call.