[cgl_discussion] Loading propietary modules

Rusty Lynch rusty at linux.co.intel.com
Mon Jun 16 09:17:49 PDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-15 at 08:24, Mika Kukkonen wrote:
> Hmmm, we have a 1.1 priority 1 requirement about loading proprietary
> modules. While scanning through the LKML, I found this this:
> 	http://people.redhat.com/rkeech/pkm.html
>
> Should we add this to to tracking sheet and/or as PoC reference to
> those people who do not know how to Google?
>
> --MiKu

Since this is a web page that explains the issues around using binary
drivers (documentation), and not a project or kernel patch which ensures
binary drivers can be used, I do not think this makes sense to add to a
PoC tracking sheet.

What would be nice is if we added some of this documentation into our
requirements document that explain that although a CGL kernel is not
allowed to prevent PKM's, there are a lot of sticky issues should the
implementor choose to go down that route.

    --rustyl