[cgl_discussion] FYI - PoC Tracking Sheets updated

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Tue Jun 17 08:29:40 PDT 2003

Deng,

At the Helsinki F2F, checkpointing and several other cluster
requirements were moved to be resolved in a future specification.  The
reasoning was that making it a priority 3 requirement (since no projects
exist) would make it seem unvaluable (when it is critical for many
solutions) and encoding it as priority 1 would require something in the
community to use, when no real solutions currently exist.

If you are involved in solving this requirement or considering a
project, the PoC would be happy to track that information.  Please let
me know and I'll get the information added to the tracking sheet.  At
this time, I know of no projects that are looking at this from an
application standpoint that are heading towards the requirements set
forth in the OSDL specs.

Thanks
-steve