[cgl_discussion] CGL requirement - checkpointing

Pan, Deng deng.pan at intel.com
Thu Jun 19 02:42:06 PDT 2003

Hi, steven:
In my opinion, the main gap between customer clustering requirement and
the existing open source clustering project is the stateful failover,
because we have already had the stateless failover solution such as
Linux-HA and FailSafe. Without checkpointing, we can not do the stateful
failover and our osdl clutering efforts will be dimmed too much.

Yes, I am considering solving this requirement. Although currently there
is no open source project aimed at this requirement, there do have
several commercial solutions available from SAF members right now.
Actually, SAF Application Interface Specification was based on those
solutions :-)

I will put more my ideas here later.