[cgl_discussion] about the requirement for PKI CA Support

Makan Pourzandi (LMC) Makan.Pourzandi at ericsson.ca
Thu Jun 19 08:55:29 PDT 2003

Hi Forrest,

I believe the important word here is "small". From our discussions in
cgl_specs, my understanding is that the main purpose of this PKI is not
to be used for general PKI issues in large networks managing hundreds of
certifcates, rather we aim at a limited use inside a cluster or among
several nodes of the network. IMO, this can be very useful to avoid many
headaches of managing the certificates which are "locally" used.

Personnally, I'd like to see an open source project handling the PKI
issues at large. However. I am not aware of any project that people want
to rely on. I would be happy if somebody can point me any good open
source PKI project being able to handle decently hundreds of
certificates on a network of less than a hundred nodes.

Regards,
Makan Pourzandi
Makan Pourzandi,
Ericsson Research Canada makan.pourzandi at ericsson.ca
This email does not represent or express the opinions of
Ericsson Inc.