[cgl_discussion] about the requirement for PKI CA Support

Fleischer, Julie N julie.n.fleischer at intel.com
Fri Jun 20 08:46:19 PDT 2003

> Hi Makan Pourzandi and Paul Kierstead,
>
> Your advices are very helpful to me. Thanks!
>
> OpenCA(www.openca.org) is in the PoC of PKI CA, I have had an
> initial test with it, can't openCA meet CGL2.0 requirement?
> Why? For its performance?
>
> Thanks for your comments!
> Forrest

Well, I think I confused Gap Analysis and Status for this one.  I have now changed this to reflect the fact that if the project meets its goals, it should implement the requirement.  However, it's status is still not stable as I noticed in it's TODO list it appeared to have fundamental functionality missing (esp. with authentication and authorization).

However, I'm sure you have much more relevant data at this point if you have already been testing it, so let me know what you think, and I'll update the spreadsheet to reflect your findings.

- Julie

**These views are not necessarily those of my employer.**