[cgl_discussion] Linux Streams project update
jagana at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 25 08:26:41 PDT 2003
The following project status is not about my opinions on the project
but rather simply captures the current status of this project for further
discussion during the PoC Call.
Linux Streams Project:
- Home: http://www.gcom.com/home/linux/lis/
- Project Objective: Allow the easy port of legacy streams based
apps into Linux
- License: GNU General Public License, GNU Public License - Allows
proprietary streams drivers to link in without violating license
- Provides AT&T System V Release 4 (SVR4) compatible support
- Streams support is run as loadable modules thus providing greater
flexibility to the streams based application vendors and also
- Support available on 2.4 and 2.5 kernels. The latest version is
- Provides Streams based System-call library for applications to
- Not clear from the project pages how upto date this project is w.r.t.
the latest 2.4/2.5 kernel versions but 2.4.16 and 2.5.46 versions seem
to be supported. However, People seem to have tried on 2.4.20 by
recompiling against it.
- There is reasonable recent activity on the mailing list
More information about the cgl_discussion