[cgl_discussion] Re: NFS Server Failover with kimberlite?

Steven Dake sdake at mvista.com
Thu Jun 26 10:16:35 PDT 2003

Zhu, Yi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to know are there any distros interested in kimberlite
>[http://oss.missioncriticallinux.com/projects/kimberlite/] so far?
>
>>From Steven's MV project analysis, I got MV doesn't like it. But
>does it mean MV doesn't like the NFS Server Failover requirement?
>How about if heartbeat (http://linux-ha.org) provides this feature?

It is not that MontaVista does not like Kimberlite. It looks like a
reasonable solution. The problem is maintenance, ie: it doesn't look
like it is actively being maintained and developed. NFS Server failover
is definately a useful feature, but that feature should have some
ongoing support from the community to be a likely supported project.

Thanks
-steve