[cgl_discussion] Top 10 projects

Peter Badovinatz tabmowzo at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 30 13:54:59 PDT 2003

Mika Kukkonen wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-06-30 at 11:44, Fleischer, Julie N wrote:
> (...)<snip>
> > IPMI 1.5 -> Seems to implement requirement, but needs help getting
> > stable.
>
> IPMI is in 2.5.

Runs on 2.4 too, right?

> > Asynchronous Events -> AEM is the only one designed to meet full
> > requirement, but isn't stable yet.
>
> It's invasiveness is a major issue for distro's to embrace it.

This looks to me to be low-hanging fruit, i.e., easy to move to P2.

> > Cluster Node Failure Detection -> Need to ensure one of these projects
> > is ready by CGL 2.0.
>
> I thought heartbeat was already in at last one distro?

SuSE includes it.  RH has RedHat Cluster Manager.  They work similarly.
They're production (for 2 nodes, the 2 nodes being the limit).

> > <snip>
>
> --MiKu

Peter
--
Peter R. Badovinatz aka 'Wombat' -- IBM Linux Technology Center
preferred: tabmowzo at us.ibm.com / alternate: wombat at us.ibm.com
These are my opinions and absolutely not official opinions of IBM, Corp.