[cgl_discussion] Platforms available at OSDL

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Thu Mar 6 09:04:53 PST 2003

I was asked about which platforms are available at OSDL for open source
usage and how to use them.

The list of available hardware can be seen by going to the OSDL site
(www.osdl.org).  Under the Lab Overview tab on the left, check out Lab
Equipment.  If you view host types, you will see the types of platforms
that are available for projects.

Now, just propose a project!

Under the Projects tab on the main page, there is an option to propose a
project.  Just fill out the form and specify the type of hardware you
need.  Once approved, you will receive instructions on how to access the
lab equipment, you will be given a place to post results, and you will
receive a document repository.

If you want to know about any of the projects that are proposed, active,
or completed, follow the options under Projects on the main page.  Project
owners are listed there and you can contact them to coordinate access to
lab equipment or to post documentation.

BTW, you need to become an associate to use the lab resources.  This is
not a big deal, just click on the "Be a Lab Associate" tab on the main
OSDL page and follow the directions.  It is free and easy.

Hope this helps.  I expect to see a rash of project proposals now.  If you
want to see an example of a CGL project, check out "TIPC (Telco IPC)"
under active projects.  I know....Telco IPC is a bad name, but we will fix
that some day. :)

John