[cgl_discussion] My mistake, panic_notifier_list is getting called

Lynch, Rusty rusty.lynch at intel.com
Thu Mar 6 10:12:06 PST 2003

For those in today's POC meeting, forget what I said about the panic
notifiers not getting called in panic().  I just misread the code.  (The
reboot notifier list is explicitly not called, and for good reason.)

So, I do believe that the functionality added by the 2.5 IPMI driver does
provide (at least for platforms that provide an IPMI capable management
controller) the configurable panic behavior called for in the 1.1
requirements document.

    --rustyl