[cgl_discussion] PoC "top ten"

Cress, Andrew R andrew.r.cress at intel.com
Wed Mar 12 11:45:24 PST 2003

Mika,

New project idea:
We were discussing here the need to fix up Linux 'sar' so that it can do
performance by disk rather than just a general storage overview.
Apparently there are a few sar kernel patches out there, but not for very
many kernels.  There isn't much development activity on this.  Sar is an
important performance measurement tool for both enterprise and CG,
especially for measuring database performance.
If we make this a CGL feature/project, it could receive more development &
attention.

Andy